Today I’m talking what to eat. It’s something I get asked all the time and to be honest I totally get it. It can be completely overwhelming with where to begin. There are so many different diets out there and to some extent, they all work… for a short period of time. My passion has always been teaching busy women to create a healthy lifestyle they can sustain long-term and when it comes to “what the heck do I eat” I believe it’s just that, a lifestyle.

In a nutshell, I am with Michael Pollan on this one. Eat real food, not too much, mostly plants.”

It sounds simple but where do I even start? My viewpoint is no matter what lifestyle you choose from vegan to paleo to everything in between is that you should indeed eat tons of veggies (especially leafy greens). From there, eat real food cooked from scratch 90% of the time and save the other 10% for indulging.

With A Healthy Passion, every single recipe is created using real, whole food ingredients (nothing processed) that we teach you to prepare from scratch to fuel your body with the best (and most delicious) foods possible! So you can’t go wrong.

Now you’re probably still thinking… how do I know what to eat?

Here’s the deal, while I am a fan of intuitive eating long-term you have to start to understand how to properly fuel your body with what it needs to function optimally. So to get started I suggest using My Fitness Pal to calculate your macros and spend a week or two tracking to really understand what a meal and a day are supposed to look like.

Need a little guidance? Check out my macro meal planning guide.

And to make things even simpler AHP recipes can easily be tracked in MFP using the AHP code (make sure to leave a space in between the AHP and the #).


Once you spend a little bit of time tracking you’ll begin to learn how to eat and you can go back to eating intuitively making sure to balance your meals to fit your goals.

So start cooking AHP real food recipes, track for a few weeks and focus on eating lots of veggies and cooking from scratch and I think you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll be reaching those goals!

Happy Cooking

Kate

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This