Is there any collection of ingredients that better encapsulates summer than caprese? While caprese is traditionally served as a salad, we add a bit more substance to ours by accompanying our marinated mozzarella, balsamic roasted tomatoes and fresh basil with pan-roasted chicken breasts and tender roasted asparagus for the ultimate family-friendly summertime repast!
2 Chicken Breasts
1 package fresh Basil
2 Garlic cloves
Red Pepper Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Season the chicken with Celtic Salt and preheat a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, sear the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. While the chicken is browning, remove and discard the woody stems from the asparagus. Spread out the asparagus on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of Celtic Salt and red pepper flakes. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
3. Thinly slice the shallot and garlic and add to the pan that was used to sear the chicken. Add another drizzle of olive oil and the tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, seasoning with Celtic Salt and red pepper flakes. Add in 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute to reduce.
4. Add the chicken back in and halve the mozzarella balls. Spread them out over the chicken and pop into the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Broil for another minute or two to brown the cheese.
5. Thinly slice the basil and sprinkle half over the skillet.
6. Plate up the asparagus, top with the chicken and finish with the sauce and the rest of the basil. Add a drizzle of olive oil and serve!
Prep Ahead: This entire dish can be prepared in advance and warmed in the oven!
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
find more recipes just like this one @ ahealthypassion.com